In my long forgotten cloistered sleep
在那年月不知长眠中
You and I were resting close in peace
与君脊脊相依似曾经
Was it just the dreaming of my heart?
莫非不过是昼想夜梦
Now I’m crying, don’t know why
今我潸然不知因
Where do all the tears come from (to my eyes)?
涟涟泪水自何来(似泉涌)
Could no one ever dry up this spring?
可有人能教它不沾巾
If you find me crying in the dark
若于幽暗处见我泪踪
Please call my name, from the heart
请唤我名 自汝心
Sing with me a tiny autumn song
歌我一曲萧萧秋日谣
Weep me the melodies of the days gone by
逝者如斯袅袅泛余音
Dress my body all in flowers white
衣我一袭皎皎玉簪袍
So no mortal eye can see
莫许世人见我形
Where have all my memories gone (and lost)?
往昔余忆向何寻(寻不到)
Should I roam again up yonder hill?
可当为之踏破远山岭
I can never rest my soul until
若君不愿我心焦魂劳
You call my name, you call my name, from the heart
请呼我字 唤我名 自汝心
In my long forgotten cloistered sleep
在那年月不知长眠中
Someone kissed me whispering words of love
何人嚅嚅私语并相亲
Is it just a longing of my heart?
莫非不过是日思夜梦
Such a moment of such peace
长留此刻得安宁
Where do all the tears come from (to my eyes)?
涟涟泪水何处来(流不尽)
With no memories why should I cry?
既无余忆我眉为何颦
I can never rest my soul until you call my name
若君不愿我心焦魂萦
You call my name, you call my name, you call my name, call my soul from the heart
请呼我字 唤我名 呼我字 唤我名 自汝心